At The Respite, we are dedicated to providing programs and services from a holistic perspective. Our programs are centered around a variety of losses with our aim to support individuals in the grief journey and to restore hope. When we are alone and isolated in our grief it leads to despair. With both support and community we can learn to hold our grief in healthy ways and imagine new possibilities.
Our belief is that every individual has the right to receive healing and support. This is a guiding principle of The Respite. Thus, if needed, our scholarships are provided for our services. Please click here to download our Scholarship Application.
Below is a list of the services we offer. All of our services are held at The Respite, 4919 Monroe Road, unless otherwise noted. To get detailed information or to register please click on the service you are interested in.
See below for descriptions and full list of services.
- Hope Back Home, Empowering Women Veterans - Women Veterans have unique needs when reintegrating after deployment. We provide special services for these women through our Hope Back Home program.
- Ageing and Life Transitions - We offer a variety of classes, workshops and support groups geared to the Baby Boomer population to assist with various issues in this stage of life. Dr. Lyndall Hare heads up these programs.
- Support Groups - We offer a variety of Support Groups designed to offer community, support, information, and a safe place for your individual loss.
- Classes- A big part of aiding us through the grief journey is educating ourselves about grief and loss and what allows us over time to move toward hope. Mandy Eppley, LPC, as well as our staff of providers, offer a variety of classes on relevant topics.
- Workshops- An opportunity to focus on growth and movement in your grief journey. Our workshops include teaching essential tools for the grieving process, community support, and creative expression through a variety of healing modalities.
- Retreats- Weekend retreats designed to give information, provide support, and facilitate a healing community atmosphere for participants.
- Community Events- These are opportunities to gather with others to acknowledge our grief and celebrate our hope. They will include poetry, music, personal sharing, teaching, and food!
- Psychotherapy- When individual counseling is needed and/or desired, The Respite offers professional therapy for both adults and adolescents.
- Massage Therapy- The impact of grief can be difficult and challenging for the body. Often having physical support by a trained massage therapist can aid in processing the pain our body holds. Massage is an excellent way to stay grounded in our bodies as we move through our grief.
- Restorative Yoga: With a combination of breathing, movement and stillness we'll work at physical and emotional levels in order to welcome, instead of push away, grief and in doing so access a new self-knowledge and sometimes even personal transformation.
- Healing Creative Arts- Expression through art is a creative way to aid us in our grief. Humanity has throughout the centuries used art to express the inexpressible.
- Health and Nutrition- For some of us, when we are in intense emotional pain due to our grief, we neglect our health. An essential component of caring for ourselves in our grief is caring for our physical bodies.
- Personal Training/Body Strengthening- When we are in times of deep grief it is very common to become alienated from our bodies because we are in so much emotional pain. This service is an opportunity to care for your body.